Categories

Technology (28) Geek (20) Sports (20) Movies / TV (16) Fun (15) Montreal (11) Food (9) Games (9) Travel (6) Museums (3)

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Movember 101


If you haven't heard about this, then you've been living under a rock. Movember is an annual event that takes place in November to raise awareness of prostate cancer and other general male health issues. The goal is to increase early cancer detection to prevent the loss of loved ones.

Here are the rules for participants:

- You must begin with a clean shaven face on November 1 and for the entire month, grow and groom a mustache
- You can not join the mo to your sideburns (that is a beard)
- You can not join the mo  to your chin (that's a goatee)
- You must conduct yourself as a true country gentleman

Ok, so if you thought like me, which I know many people do, you would say that this is stupid. Why do you have to grow a mustache in order to raise funds? People should give funds regardless of what you do. But you know what, people donate more if you go out of your comfort zone to create awareness so at the end of the day, Movember is a brilliant idea.

I'm told this samurai looks sexy
I have a personal reason why I decided to participate this year and I'm hoping to raise a lot of funds so please donate. I've never had a mustache in my life so this will be fun(ny) and I hope you donate as much as you laugh.

Donate here.


2 comments:

  1. I will give a lot to see you with a samurai mustache!!! I hope others will support the fight against prostate cancer. I say if we all donate you enough money to reach 1000$, you have to keep the mustache until christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete