Categories

Technology (28) Geek (20) Sports (20) Movies / TV (16) Fun (15) Montreal (11) Food (9) Games (9) Travel (6) Museums (3)

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Gears of War 3: XBOX 360


I just finished the single player campaign mode of Gears of War 3 (GoW3) and felt that it was a lot like playing Gears of War 2. With the addition of a few new weapons, enemies etc, there isn't that much change at all but then again I have yet to play online against my fellow gears. I played a lot of GoW2 online (I would be level 100 if I didn't get fooled into a hacked game which reset my score) so I have some street cred to compare the two games :).

Overall Gears 3 was fun. I would complain about some grinding but the game really isn't that long but at times it feels repetitive. The campaign mode is pretty linear and similar to its predecessor. I breezed through the "hard" mode rather easily which is usually not the case at all for me. Nonetheless, it's simplicity is probably what appeals to people. Unlike Call of Duty, where you have way more weapons and options (creating super lopsided advantages to those with superior weaponry), you always have your staple weapons and a few "super" weapons.   


 Here are some plot highlights for those who want to read spoilers:

- The COG has disbanded
- Female COGs, Anya and Sam have been added to the game (to meet with the growing demands of female gamers?)
- Marcus' dad is alive
- There's another Carmine (not a surprise)
- We learn about Cole's past, there is even a sequence where he is daydreaming of his "thrashball" days and you reenact it against some locusts.

Any other GoW fans out there? What did you think of the campaign mode?


No comments:

Post a Comment